Job Title: Senior Security Engineer
Job Type: Contract 6 months, could be extendable
Job Location: West Singapore
Skills Required: Cyber Security, IT Security
It is an autonomous institute in Singapore & ranked 12th in the world and 2nd in Asia by the QS World University Rankings in the subject of Education in 2015. The institute is the sole teacher education institute for teachers in Singapore
As a member of the Incident response team, you will undertake an operational responsibility in performing Incident response, digital forensics, threat hunting and ad-hoc security projects. Your responsibilities include:
- Responds to escalated incidents and performs deep analysis and correlates with threat intelligence to identify the threat actor, nature of the attack and systems or data affected.
- Triage reported cybersecurity events.
- Establish, maintain and execute all components of the incident response plan, from incident intake through root cause analysis, technical remediation analysis, and reporting.
- Prioritises alerts or issues and performs triage to confirm a real security incident is taking place.
- Decides on the strategy for containment, remediation and recovery and acts on it, through conducting forensic and root cause analysis, including events based on sparse symptom detail.
- Review day-to-day alerts, industry news, threat intelligence and security data.
- Actively hunt for cyber threats that have found their way into the network, as well as unknown vulnerabilities and security gaps.
SOC Solutions and Process:
- Enhance existing SOC processes and perform reviews to optimise existing workflows and operations within the SOC.
- Collaborate with various IT teams in evaluating, procuring and deploying new IT security solutions.
Required abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Security or equivalent with at least five(5) years of progressive experience in IT security (IT infrastructure and applications) or security operation centre.
- Strong technical skills (E.g. ability to code and script; knowledge and usage of regular expressions; etc.).
- Experience in developing detection use cases for a variety of log types for Splunk(E.g. Security Events, Firewall). Preferred 1 to 2 years of Splunk experience or certification with Splunk.
- Extensive experience performing cyber incident response and root-cause-analysis with broad information security knowledge and experience in defending an enterprise.
If interested, please share your updated Cv in word format at [email protected] stating your salary expectations to take it forward.
To expedite processing, you can lodge your application directly at https://www.rmaconsultants.com.sg/employment/registerjobseeker.aspx or https://bit.ly/expeditejobappl
RMA Consultants Pte Ltd
EA License No. 93C4403
EA Regn. No. R1872602