Job Title: Senior Consultant (IPAM)
Location: Central Singapore
Skills: Management Consulting, Change Management
- Oversee the consulting services and strengthen the infrastructure to support the practice, e.g. strategy, business development, operations, capability building, resource allocation, continuous improvement.
- Drive business development to source for leads and scope projects with clients from public service agencies.
- Lead or be part of a consultancy project team to provide professional advice and recommendations based on clients’ requirements and ensure that clients’ outcomes, budget and milestones for the projects are met.
- Work with internal domain leads and/or external vendors to implement projects (i.e. from the start to end of a project life cycle).
- Deploy a range of innovation methodologies and tools, such as human centred design, process improvement and UI/UX, across different fields such as service management, human resources, finance, etc.
- Consistently deliver quality services to clients
- Monitor progress, manage risk and provide timely updates to key internal and external stakeholders about project progress and expected outcomes
- Resolve outstanding issues to ensure there are no roadblocks to the project delivery for the projects you are directly involved in, or projects you oversee.
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Develop good relationships with internal domain teams and external vendors to facilitate delivery of consulting services to meet client needs
- Offer professional supervision and help upskill the less experienced consultants in the department.
- Stay abreast of current trends relevant to government and the client’s sector
- Synthesize insights across consultancy projects, with the aim of introducing best-in-class innovation and human-centric practices in government services for internal staff or citizens which will impact Public Service functions and organisations.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of training programmes to internal staff and public officers from other agencies in innovation, human-centred design, process improvement, etc.
- Possess at least 6 years working experience in management consulting, and 3 years’ experience at managerial level.
- Experience in the Public Service and with management consulting firms would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with other consulting frameworks, such as change management, strategic workforce planning, behavioural insights, would be an advantage.
- Ability to guide and develop less experienced consultants.
- Demonstrate integrity and drive for excellence in work
- Excellent organisation and project management skills, meticulous and ability to multi-task.
- Good analytical, conceptual and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within the company and with external partners at all levels of the Public Service.
- Demonstrate comfort and confidence working with senior leaders and a broad range of stakeholder groups
If interested and having the relevant experience, please apply with your updated copy of CV in word format at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your current, expected salary and availability to take it forward.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.