Our Client is one of the Top 10 Fortune 500 MNC in the Oil and Gas industry.
Responsible for desktop support for Trading Users in Singapore, Dubai, South Africa. Total Trading population of approximately 400 employees -
Number of Users
(South Africa) 10+
- Provide high quality L1 infrastructure support to Trading users in a highly demanding environment via communication channels such as email, phone calls, walk-ins, instant messaging and perform remote support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues relating to hardware, network, Windows 7/10 operating system, Microsoft Office 365 and Trading related applications.
- Ensure all issues are logged and take responsibility for ticket closure and timely resolution, escalating decisively where required.
- Work closely with various support teams within Trading and 3rd-party Integrated Support Providers (ISPs) to meet trading users' requests and issues.
- Liaise with vendors for hardware acquisitions and services, request for quotations, purchase orders and ensure deliverables are all met.
- Coordinate the onboarding of new trading users in access permissioning and hardware setup, train and familiarize users with Trading setup and all IT essentials.
- Plan / coordinate / physically assist on desk movement and setup computer hardware, network points, telephones and dealerphones, working closely with various vendors and ensure minimum disruption to the users.
- Manage and lead small projects ensuring objectives and deadlines are met.
- Coordinate smartphone purchases, replacements / loan sets , troubleshoot issues for trading environment.
- Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery readiness at all times, participates in situation tests.
- Prepare and communicate system outages and maintenance notices in clear and concise sentences.
- Document and update all technical support processes and user guides